The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry for Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs will hold the 4th International Conference of the Global Forum for Combating Antisemitism, to take place in Jerusalem on 28-30 May 2013, co-hosted by Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Zeev Elkin and Minister for Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs Naftali Bennett.
The delegates will convene to discuss ways of combating the different manifestations of current Antisemitism at a three-day conference in Jerusalem. This conference will serve as a follow-up mechanism to previous conferences, and will aim at discussing, through 10 different working groups, viable models for facing the global challenge of Antisemitism.
Copyright: MFA free usage
A highlight of this upcoming 2013 Conference, will be the convening of 10 working groups that will deliberate and formulate concrete action plans on the second day of the conference (29 May).
The topics of the 10 working groups are:
1. Antisemitism in the Muslim and Arab World
2. Antisemitism in Latin America
3. Antisemitism in the Former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe region
4. Antisemitism in the EU and Western Europe region
5. Antisemitism in the Guise of Delegitimization and Anti-Zionism
6. Antisemitism in the Internet and in the Media
7. Law, Legislation and Enforcement in the Combat of Antisemitism
8. Inter Faith Dialogue as an instrument to mitigate Antisemitism
9. Maintaining continuance of Diaspora Jewish Life (Kosher slaughter; Circumcision etc.)
10. Antisemitism on the campuses and Education for Tolerance and Mutual Respect
For more information, see conference announcement.
You may also write to: Global.Forum@mfa.gov.il
Note: Participation in the conference is by invitation only. Registration to the conference is closed.